Monday, November 1, 2010

Farewell Photos



The top two photos are from the landfill and the bottom two photos are from Springs of Hope Kenya!
Note the children in the top photo and their lack of shoes.... such a shock to me because of the type of filth and waste that they are surviving in. At the landfill it was difficult to even get these children to smile.... hence, the face that they are making in that picture with me. It is not a surprise to see the obvious difference in lifestyle and overall carefree looks on the faces of the kids at SOHK. This is what I want for my friends and family back home to see...... How the children at SOHK are enjoying life to the fullest.... they are not only given a real home but, they are raise out of poverty and really having all of their needs met.
Yesterday, Molly and I had to say good bye to the kids. It was completely heartbreaking....... Olivia was the first child to run up to me and give me a big hug.... I have grown very attached to her and my family sponsors her so its sad to have to help her from afar now...... but, she hugged me and looked up at me with the most precious look on her face and she said, "I love you..... when will you be back?" That was all it took to break me down and the tears slowly fell..... I got down to eye level and told her I should be back next year........ I had gone almost the entire trip without crying and I have always been one of those people who waits until I get on the plane and literally am leaving to realize I am sad. But, I feel like my heart is so vested in Kenya and in these kids that I could not help myself..... I am going to find a way to get sponsors for these children when I get home so, my journey will not end when I get on that plane. I just hope that people are listening and not just hearing me when I tell them how important their donations are to the lively hood of these wonderful children who have changed my life! I know I will be back to Kenya soon and I am so thankful for God's perfect plan for me..... I no longer have fear because God will guide me!

Romans 8:28
And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

3 comments:

  1. So thankful you found your purpose. Can't wait for you to come home and fill me in on how to sponsor!!!!! Can't wait to help one of those beautiful children!!! -Liza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,

    I just found your blog today. I had to immediately read every post from your stay in Kenya. Yea for you for going, for sharing yourself, your gifts and your faith with all of those you impacted there.

    I look forward to more posts from you and more posts from you from around the world.

    Deana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading your blog posts & seeing all the pics. I am looking forward to hearing the many stories of your trip/experience in person. XO Gina

    ReplyDelete