Kenya day one: I woke up early so, I decided to open the bible in my room and flip to a random page. This method of bible searching brings me to Matthew 6:19 Riches in Heaven- Do not store up riches here on earth, where moths and rust destroy and robbers steal.
Well, at that point I felt that I place little value on material possessions and that this lesson was obviously no use to me.... I was wrong!! We went to the city of Nairobi to gather materials for the orphanage and since the trunk was full I naively left my backpack under the seat. Now I am a trial and error type of person and have had my car broken into before so you would think that I would understand how bad of an idea this was.... so out of instinct I grabbed my passport from the front pocket just before leaving the car.... Of course we return to the car and as soon as I saw the back window I knew exactly what was missing :-( my backpack containing my computer...... (which was the exact thing that was stolen the first time from my car in Orlando). But, I was not angry nor did I cry all I could think to do it call my mother (1:00am US time). I then began to search my other bags to make sure my credit cards were not missing and turns out.... just the computer was taken. Oddly enough I was relieved! My intuition pushed me to grab my passport and probably due to my earlier reading I did not panic, I was calm and decided to go on with my day. So I spent the rest of the day at market type place full of artists who create beautiful works of art on gourds and banana paper!!..... nothing like looking at artwork and seeing wild zebras on the side of the road to end the day just as amazing as I had woke up expecting.... Tomorrow I will be headed to the Springs Of Hope Orphanage!! I will not be blogging for the next 2 days because I will be at the orphanage with no Internet. I am very excited to be able to hang out will all of the great kids at SOHK!!
Matthew 6:24 God and possession- You cannot serve both God and money.
Your prayers are appreciated!!
I can't believe you stayed so calm. I'm so glad something told you to gaurd that passport. I love you so much. -Liza
ReplyDelete