I spent a couple of days at SOHK with the kids there and it was a 1,00 X better than the orphanage in Haiti. The children are always smiling and playing :-) They live in very good home that even looks like a home not an orphanage!! They can have as much food as they would care to eat and they are very well behaved because the caregivers treat them with such love!! I had the chance to meet Olivia, who is sponsored by my family and she is the perfect fit for us because she loves to dance and joke!! Molly and Joe do so many more things here than just taking care of these children (as if you can say "just" to that) but, they also help many street boys get off of drugs (sniffing glue) and back into school or into programs that will give them a home!! Every where we go there are boys and even young men calling Molly MOM! It was odd for me to hear at first from men my age but, they call her that because they have never had help from anyone before yet, she cares for them better than even their own mothers had. I have seen and heard stories of children being orphaned, abandoned, kicked out of the family, molested and beaten to the point of near death..... and the parents sometimes tell their children to leave because its just another mouth to feed!! So today I ask you all to tell your mothers, fathers and children how much you love and appreciate them!!
Lastly at the orphanage a little girl named Natasha said the nightly prayer and I tried to write a close replica down to share with all of you because it was the most beautiful thing I had ever heard!
God, bless the people outside these walls with no home, I pray for the sad children and families and bless the people who will go to sleep hungry. Bless mom and dad mozungu (idk how to spell it but its swahili for white), I pray for all who are in this home and all our other brothers and sisters in the world, for Jesus he rains. Then they all sang worship songs together and all hugged and headed to bed. It was the most wonderful thing I had ever been a part of.
It sounds like everything is great! I am glued to this blog! I wish I was there, i'm sure everyone else does too.
ReplyDeleteHey Meggy. This was beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing Natasha's prayer. I love you so much. Keep the blogs coming! -Liza
ReplyDelete